Tom Rezendes, PGA, Golf Channel Lead Coach
To get golfers shooting lower scores by utilizing TrackMan and AMM 3D Technology to quickly diagnose and give the proper correction to improve your swing.
My background in Golf:
After becoming a PGA Class A Professional in 2011 I have followed my passion to learn everything I can about the golf swing and teaching golf. As a result, I have been able to assist fellow golf professionals seeking advice on golf instruction. Since opening NorCal Golf Academy, I have also advised in the design and layout of world class instructional facilities around the world including the Meadow Club in Fairfax, CA, Bobby Clampett’s Impact Zone World Headquarters, local universities and K-Vest. When time allows I enjoy playing in PGA section tournaments, as this brings back my competitive side and tests the state of my game. Playing has always given me joy, but it is teaching golf that truly fuels my fire.
At the Academy:
As one of the highest certified and trained instructors in the state, I take pride in helping golfers on the road to improvement quickly. Utilizing TrackMan radar technology, Swing Catalyst Balance Plates and GEARS Motion Capture I can measure every facet of my student’s motion and give quantifiable data on what needs improvement and what is working properly. I am the only Certified Golf Biomechanist in Northern California and am certified and own one the few GEARS systems in Northern California. I truly believe that in this day and age golfers seeking to improve their game should not have to settle for a lesson where the instructor is guessing and without 3D technology that is exactly what they are doing! My motto is “If you are not assessing than you are guessing” .
Along with utilizing industry leading technology, a instructor must be able to convey the right fix in an easily understood approach which is where my wealth of knowledge truly shines. With golf instruction certifications which include The Golfing Machine, Titleist Performance Institute and Impact Zone Golf, I am able to phrase things many different ways to accommodate for all different learning styles, making the learning process not only easy but lasting.
Certifications and Experience:
- PGA Professional
- Advanced Motion Measurement Certified Instructor
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Instructor (Levels 2&3)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Biomechanist (Level 2)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Junior Golf Coach (Levels 2&3)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Mechanics (Levels 2&3)
- Swing Catalyst Brand Ambassador
- Swing Catalyst Level 2 Certified Instructor
- K-Vest Certified Golf Instructor (Level 3)
- Authorized Instructor of The Golfing Machine (GSEB)
- Impact Zone Golf Advanced Level Certified Instructor
- Kwon 3D Certified(Level 1)
- Edel Golf Certified Fitter
- Have taught golf at local courses (Orinda Country Club, Poppy Ridge and Discovery Bay Country Club)
I believe that I will truly help make every golfer, no matter their ability or goals, experience learning and improving their game at NorCal Golf Academy a journey that is filled with discovery, excitement and enjoyment.
Curtis Rhoads, PGA, Lead Instructor
A native Moragan from a Golf Professional family, Curtis has extensive experience in Golf Instruction of all levels. He was a member of the USC Men’s Golf Team for 4 years. He recently spent three years as the Assistant Coach for the distinguished Harvard Men’s Golf Team. Prior to that he was an Assistant Golf Professional at the Olympic Club for 14 years. Curtis has been a Class A PGA Professional for over 10 years and is TPI Certified.
Josh Kelley, Lead Staff Instructor
Josh has devoted his 7 years of professional golf to distinguishing himself as both a competitive tournament player and knowledgeable teacher and coach.
He attended St. Mary’s College in Moraga and enjoyed a successful college golf career.
In 2009 he earned status to play on the Asian Tour where he competed in Thailand and Cambodia.
After his travels overseas he set his sights on helping others achieve their dreams and aspirations in the game of golf. He landed in Santa Barbara at Sandpiper Golf Club in 2011 and quickly made a name for himself in the Southern California PGA earning invitations to prestigious events such as the SCPGA Chapter Challenge, AAA North/South Cup Matches and qualifying for the National Assistant’s Championship in Port St. Lucie, Florida. In the fall of 2012 Josh accepted a full time teaching position with California Golf Digest Top 50 instructor Don Parsons. There he acquired multiple certifications with the Titleist Performance Institute, KVest 3D Golf Swing Analysis and Swing Catalyst Level 2.
When he isn’t teaching he spends much of his time with his wife Sara. They both graduated from Saint Mary’s College in 2008 and were married in May of 2015.
Becky Chin, LPGA
To get golfers to be the best they can be by utilizing their bodies natural way of moving. With the help of the most sophisticated and advanced technology, the student will understand, efficiently diagnose and make corrective improvements quicker.
My Golf Background:
After a 7-year career in golf operations and management, I soon realized my true passion was in teaching and giving back to the players who truly loved the sport.
I’ve been teaching for 8 years and in the golf industry for a total of 15 and understand what it takes to be a great golf instructor.
A great instructor not only is trained and aware of the most advanced technological equipment, bio mechanic movements and has an understanding of the golf swing, but also understands the needs of each student, treats them as individuals and builds their swing accordingly. Every student has a different capacity for learning and has different learning styles. Therefore everyone swings, moves and learns differently.
I feel to be a good golf instructor in today’s fast moving technological world you must be highly trained and educated in the most advanced equipment. The day of old school golf Instructor eye balling your swing or using his iPad, smartphone or laptop with a camera is archaic and less effective.
I have played many different sports at a high level and understand the kinematic sequencing of different body movements and how they may relate to the golf swing and feel with that knowledge I can help the most advanced athlete or the simple recreational golfer.
I have instructed students of all ages, skill levels and genders. I have enjoyed teaching at many golf courses and built both adult and junior programs. (Monarch Bay, Summitpointe, Las Positas and Adult Classes at Google and Yahoo)
Certifications and Experience:
- LPGA Class A Golf Professional
- US Kids Certified
- Positive Coaches Alliance Certified (PCA)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Biomechanics (Level 1)
- 2016 PGA Junior League (PGAJL) National Championship Team Coach (1st Place)
- 2013 PGA Junior League (PGAJL) National Championship Team Assistant Coach (2nd Place)
- 2012 – 2013 US Kids Local Tour Assistant
- 2011 Nike Junior Golf Camps Bay Area Golf Instructor
In the span of my total of 15 years in the golf industry, I am still excited and passionate for what I do and can’t wait to assist you with your golf swing!!
Rick Eisenhour, USGTF
- Member of the The United States Golf Teachers Federation (USGTF)
- Contra Costa Times Golf Coach of the Year – 2006
- Wright Balance Certified Fitter (Stance Width & Grip Size)
- Carondelet Girls Varsity Golf Coach-2013 EBAL Defending Champions.
- Past Miramonte Boys Varsity Golf & Orinda Middle School Golf Teams.
- Past Carondelet JV Girls Softball.
- Past Girls Fast Pitch Softball Teams 10U-18U. League and Travel Teams.
- California Standard Secondary Life Teaching Credential. With a BS in Mathematics.